Home is where the heart is, and you’ve probably made some last memories in your current home. When it comes time to move, you’ll want to present your home in a way that potential borrowers can’t envision themselves living anywhere else. With these top 12 tips, we’ll help you do just that.
12. Work with a realtor that you trust.
11. Update the interior to reflect the current market demands (ie. Granite countertops? No wallpaper?)
10. Update the exterior so it has curb appeal. This means flowers, shrubbery, a mowed lawn and nice landscaping.
9. Take a LOT of photos and post them online.
8. Ask your neighbors to share your listing with people they know.
7. Leave nice items behind that will add value for the new home owners.
6. Be flexible with showings – give realtors easy access.
5. Price competitively and intelligently; educate yourself on comparable properties.
4. De-clutter your home making it easy for potential buyers to envision living there.
3. De-personalize the space by removing family photos, religious items, posters and more.
2. Hire a deep cleaning service to scrub your house from ceiling to floor.
1. Listen to your real estate agent and take their advice.